Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business. concepts to non-technical audiences.
Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Test Specialist. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience, and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
The testing function within QE works closely with product development and provides verification and validation on Trilliant products, solutions and services to ensure a high-quality customer experience, to protect and grow the Trilliant brand and to reduce the cost of support. In contrast to traditional QA organizations, our QE-testing function operates as an engineering discipline within the overall engineering organization with the charter to design, develop and execute tests with a continuous focus on validation of customer delivery readiness across software, firmware and hardware. The scope for QE- includes Functional, Contract/SLA, Performance, Security, and tests that reflect E2E customer usage and deliver differentiated customer experience.
What you’ll get to do:
- Apply agile engineering best practices to analyze customer usage scenarios, focus on test design and support the quality engineering group's commitment to driving continuous quality
- Collaborate in a deeply cross functional way with developers, designers, product manager and support engineers. Roll up your sleeves and put your heads together to brainstorm requirements for feature tests, end-to-end tests and solution through thorny issues.
- Deploy Trilliant solutions in QE lab with required test environments that includes Gas/Water/Electric smart meters, Wireless Access Points.
- Define, Design and Maintain different QE test environment for functional and non-functional tests
- Get to know your customers' usage scenarios for products and solutions and support the process of providing assurance to the product manager and system integration teams
- Test and learn - You are empowered to identify problems and improvement opportunities, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions
- Work with a talented, passionate, mission-driven and energized team who values your input and your individuality.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable role in designing, executing, and improving products and solutions in IoT or Smart Metering or AMI.
- Experience with wireless technologies (mesh, cellular, and network management) is desired.
- Ability to deploy an application on virtual machines. Execution and validation of deployment runbooks/scripts.
- Backend testing (database and server-side)
- Experience in web services automation using Java, REST API tool, XML/HTTPS
- Strong experience with Junit, with JAXB, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, Maven, and SQL.
- Experience in testing non-functional characteristics covering security, usability, load, performance and availability
- Experience using Zephyr, Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Concordion, BDD/ Cucumber or other comparable tools
- Ability to learn quickly and balance multiple testing activities across product lines
- Energy and passion to learn about emerging technologies and find opportunities to apply them on the job
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues both collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong communication skills accompanied by effective influencing and collaboration skills.
- Background and experience in networks, telecommunication, or device integration (hardware-firmware-software) is highly desired but not required.