Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their careers, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a Payroll Specialist who will ensure employees are paid promptly and accurately. This position will be reporting to Chief People Officer. The Ideal candidate for this position would be someone who has experience with Dayforce, excellent experience with MS Excel, and have good knowledge of payroll concepts and experience processing payroll globally.
- Process and manage full payroll cycle bi-weekly and monthly payroll for approximately 250 exempt and nonexempt employees using Ceridian DayForce.
- Audit payroll register.
- Maintain payroll documents for processing and auditing needs.
- Process and enter changes in Dayforce.
- Resolve and document payroll discrepancies.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines and with appropriate prioritization.
- Process and maintain relevant paperwork associated with new hires, terminations employee transfers, and leave of absence.
- Calculate vacation and time off and maintain records in the payroll system.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare all payroll-related government and non-government remittances.
- Process year-end payroll including auditing and balancing reports and year-end statements.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions using DayForce Reports.
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 2-3 years experience with an automated payroll system, preferably Ceridian DayForce or ADP
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Basic accounting principles required
- Experience in all facets of Benefits Administration
- Experience using an electronic payroll processing system, either in-house or third-party
- Strong MS Office skills with an intermediate level in Excel
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Possess initiative, creativity, integrity, and a strong work ethic
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.