Last Updated: 26 April 2018
What Personal Information is collected by Trilliant and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” [link] below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including trade shows and subscription services]), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include name, title, mailing address, email and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
Who does Trilliant share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, (iii) collect unpaid bills or (iv) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Trilliant does not provide your personal information to third parties for telemarketing, e-mail or direct mail solicitation.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g. government regulatory authority mandate such as a mandatory survey).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Trilliant” heading below or click here.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive by web page servers. When you visit our website, for example, our server may create “cookies”, making it easier for you to use our website by verifying when you move between pages of our website.
Factors Beyond Our Control
While your personal privacy is very important to us, factors beyond our control make it impossible to always ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, despite our best efforts, third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access your personal information. You may also link to one or more third party websites from our website, and we do not control and are not responsible for the collection of your personal information by third party websites that you link to from our website; you should consult and understand their privacy policies independently.
How does Trilliant keep your personal information secure?
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country and, in some cases, may not be as protective.
Specifically, our website servers are located in the US and Canada, and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
Where applicable, we have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
In some instances, our use of your personal information may result in automated decisions being taken (including profiling) that legally affect you or similarly significantly affect you. Automated decisions mean that a decision concerning you is made automatically on the basis of a computer determination (using software algorithms), without our human review. For example, we use automated decisions to [give examples]. We have implemented measures to safeguard the rights and interests of individuals whose personal information is subject to automated decision-making, including [explain].
When we make an automated decision about you, you have the right to contest the decision, to express your point of view, and to require a human review of the decision. You can exercise this right by contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Trilliant” heading below or by clicking here.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Trilliant” heading below or click here.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Trilliant” heading below or click here.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Trilliant” heading below or click here.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Access by Children
Trilliant feels strongly that parents should be involved in supervising internet usage by their minor children. In any event, we do not monitor the age of visitors to our website. The website and its content are directed to people who are at least eighteen years of age or older. If you are under the age of eighteen, you should not submit your personal information to us without the consent of your parent or guardian.
Our intention is to be diligent in protecting your personal privacy. If you would like to make suggestions or find out more about our privacy practices, please call us at +1-919-495-6111 or send us a letter or email at the addresses below.
Trilliant Networks, Inc
401 Harrison Oaks Blvd, Suite 300
Cary, NC 27513 USA