Location: Windsor, UK
Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future proof solutions.
We are a device agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. At Trilliant, we are committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect the world of things.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
The Project Director is primarily responsible for managing client based projects and engagements working with other partners as required. The role includes managing and monitoring all project activities, ensuring commitments to operating plan and contractual compliance are met in conjunction with objectives for account growth and ensuring that Trilliant is viewed as a valued and respected vendor and/or partner. This position will be reporting to MD, EMEA.
- Work across the full project lifecycle in conjunction with the Engineering, QA and SI organizations to ensure that the functionality and product delivery is compliant with the agreed customer specifications (functional and non-functional).
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering leads to ensure that customer commitments are aligned with product delivery and are delivered on a timely and quality basis, ensuring that risks to meeting those deliveries are understood, documented and mitigated and that agreed assumptions with the customer are documented and reference able.
- To ensure that the operating plan commitments for the project are met ensuring that cost and revenue objectives are observed. The responsibility includes providing accurate planning and reporting of billing and revenue, including any such documentation required to ensure legal and or audit evidence.
- To ensure that the contract is managed from the outset to conclusion, ensuring that the Trilliant business is compliant with the contract and providing appropriate management reporting on non-compliance. Driving escalations and actions to closure
- To ensure that the project Gannt chart is accurate, complete and maintained on a frequent basis and that the project is executed in alignment with that plan. That timely and accurate reporting is provided on the Gannt chart with clear escalation and action assigned to items that are at risk or late, including management of critical path items and any internal or external dependencies.
- Define and manage project / engagement RAID (Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency) registers, ensuring that non conformances are managed and communicated appropriately to internal and external stakeholders
- To facilitate workshop activity with the Customer and the Trilliant functional teams to document achievable requirements and drive agreed solution design. Where the solution is either an alignment of customer requirements with existing product or deriving new requirements that align with product strategies and roadmaps
- To provide a knowledge and reference point to Trilliant functions on the overall solution design, contract and customer committed requirements ensuring clarity on these areas and conformance to commitments.
- To ensure that the customer requirements have been documented in a clear manner that are struck red and measurable, coordinating the Trilliant functional teams (SI & Product Management) in this activity to ensure that quality functional docu upon mentation is available and agreed across all parties on a timely basis.
- To ensure that all project documentation (specifications, pisect artifacts, working agreements) are stored in the company document management system in an ordered and identifiable manner.
- To ensure that proper information, records and documentation is stored in the company document management system in an ordered and accessible manner. To maintain accurate records in customer and internal meetings of, agreed approaches, decisions, assumptions and actions
- To participate and support other business initiatives as required.
- Full project lifecycle and customer engagement experience from definition, through development, QA customer verification and transition into ‘business as usual operation’
- Previous experience of the AGILE Scrum delivery methodology is advantageous as you will be acting as a customer advocate in the delivery, feeding user stories into the Scrum teams, agreeing prioritisation for them for delivery, and participating in ‘sprint’ planning, daily ‘stand-ups’ (progress meetings), etc.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting successful projects in complex corporate environments
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to excel in a dynamic , high growth environment
- Excellent communications skills, capable of communicating effectively to both business and technical resources
· Ability to write and direct the writing of clear and concise functional documentation
- Competency with Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Visio and similar business tools
- Experience in the Utility, Smart Grid, Grid Monitoring, Distribution automation or Energy Management field is a plus
· Experience of working with off-shore teams
- Extensive experience with IT industry standards and practices including UML/Rational, ITIL, Prince2, ISO