Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future proof solutions.
We are a device agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. At Trilliant, we are committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect the world of things.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
Commodity managers play a critical role in an organization’s supply chain process, overseeing the logistics related to the procurement of general inventory or a specific category of products. They create and oversee a plan for managing supplies and seek opportunities to negotiate better deals or improve the process. These managers oversee a logistics team and support staff. They also establish and cultivate relationships with partners, clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
It will be responsible for managing actual products and new products, spanning the entire product lifecycle. The SC Commodity manager works in collaboration with the production team, engineering, and product managers to set up the production process with our electronic manufacturers (EMS), including validation of the assembly line and the final product, which will be rolled out worldwide.
The ideal candidate is an excellent leader in delivering timely results and developing effective strategies and must be highly organized with strong negotiating skills and the ability to manage multiple complicated projects simultaneously. These roles require data analytics skills and familiarity with supply chain management programs. This position will be reporting to the SCM Manufacturing Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with business units to ensure alignment with business unit and sourcing strategy objectives.
- Consult with stakeholders to create the best contractual outcome including strong legal and business terms and meaningful performance indicators and/or service levels.
- Negotiate, finalize, and advise on the contract documents with support from risk management, legal finance, and other key internal stakeholders.
- Develop strong supplier relationships to drive effectiveness and value against the planned strategies.
- Facilitate supplier reviews and generate continuous improvement plans.
- Develops and executes cost savings opportunities, efficiencies, and process improvements.
- 10+ years of category management or strategic sourcing required.
- Experience managing contract manufacturers preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals.
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines and Trilliant Procurement policy.
- Interacts with peers, internal stakeholders, and suppliers at all management levels.
- The ideal candidate will be highly accountable, action-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with multi-faceted teams.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including explaining technology solutions in business terms, establishing rapport and persuading others.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of sourcing methodologies.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Develop expertise in core categories including product knowledge, industry dynamics, and market trends.
- Establish a collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to manage supplier performance and support long-term strategy.
- Develop expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate the most favorable pricing, contract terms, and conditions.
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross-functional teams.
- Track performance within each applicable spending category and define budgetary impact.
- Partner with appropriate teams to identify sourcing needs, determine vendor and demand management strategies, execute sourcing events, and drive organizational processes and compliance.
- Develop and utilize project KPIs to drive results to meet annual goals and objectives.
- Create and regularly update cost-value analysis for main suppliers.
- Drive cost, technology, and value improvements with suppliers across the supply chain.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for the utilities spend category.
- Create strategies, approaches, and deployment for supplier quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform Periodic business reviews with strategic suppliers, monitoring their adherence to quality, delivery, value, and innovation performance metrics.
- Lead cross-functional teams including engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, human resources, and suppliers through the full project life cycle from design, development, pilot, through production with financial tracking close-out.
- Manage, organize, and monitor project development, from the definition of requirements to production launch.
- Produce project schedules, budget, resource management, dashboard, and other communications and management documents.
- Inform people at different levels of management of the progress of projects on a regular basis and on request.
- Monitor project performance indicators.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement projects.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-growing environment to develop rigorous technical standards and high-quality products.
- Provide sufficient technical leadership to identify technical risks, improve quality, and improve predictability of development.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate’s Degree in business or engineering.
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.