Vice President of Sales
Location – Osorno, Los Lagos, Chile
Position Type – Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is a leading smart grid platform provider, providing end-to-end communications networks, management capabilities, along with software analytics and applications to enable smart metering, energy efficiency, distribution automation, and renewable resources. The VP of Sales is an executive level position responsible for leading all company sales efforts and activities in the LATAM and Caribbean region in an emerging smart energy market. This position will have responsibility for expanding the entire smart grid portfolio of proven products into new and existing markets. This position is responsible for achieving annual business performance targets including bookings, revenue and profit goals as determined collaboratively with the C level management and will serve as one of the senior executives for the company. We are looking for a seasoned professional who is committed to winning and leveraging their executive contacts. This position will be reporting to the Managing Director of Americas.
- Full responsibility of sales operating plan, working both directly with customers as well as utilizing partners
- Utilize industry experience and knowledge of market to prioritize opportunities and develop strong vertical relationships within target utilities and strategic partners
- Understand competitive environment and competitor offerings in order to develop sales strategy
- Assist in the identification and development of strategic relationships with regulators, market-related associations, organizations, trade groups and other industry influencers to improve position in market
- Experienced in identifying market segment and customer targets, build goto market plan and develop pipeline of future business
- Working with government and regulators to define and influence smart grid and AMI policy
- Highly proficient in the ability to structure, negotiate and close complex deals
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; ability to work in a start-up environment where teamwork and strong interpersonal skills are critical
- Should possess experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented culture
- Relationship development skills to forge positive and lasting relationships with key value chain partners, including external utility clients and distribution channels
- Positive attitude, persistent, and track record of personal accountability. Committed to winning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Successful performance in handling complex, multi-faceted, long sales cycle, direct large account customers – e.g. government, system integration engagements, Telecommunications, Utilities
- Understanding of the LATAM Utilities and Energy regulatory process
- Ideal candidates brings a range of customer and partner relationships within the Utilities industry
- Well-organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results
- Extensive experience selling to and presenting to senior executives
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Experience successfully introducing a new company/product/service into new and relevant markets
- Ability to articulate vision and value to utilities, customers, channel partners, and end users; to differentiate the company from competitors
- Exceptional relationship-orientation, with a robust track record of closing deals
- Conceptual knowledge of:
Metering, AMI, Demand Response and Distribution Automation
LAN/WAN networked systems – RF mesh, PLC, cellular
Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other post graduated qualifications preferred.
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.